BUFF3R-CTF MACE EDITION is a CTF event organized by students of GDSC MACE in association with BUFF3R EVENTS
- It is a Jeopardy style CTF
- 3 days Online Workshop prior to the first round
- First round will be 24-hour online challenge
- Second round will be 12-hour offline challenge
- The top participants of round 1 will get selected to the round 2 and compete for the throne
- There will be No third prize, No Second prize, only one winner, Only one king....
- Participation certificates will be provided to every contestant and achievement certificates will be provided to finalists.
- Activity points will be provided as proposed by the university
About GDSC MACE
GDSC MACE, is the college chapter of the Google Developer Student Club of Mar Athanasius College of Engineering. Formed in the year 2020, it has since become an active medium to put forward creative initiatives to enhance the potential abilities in students.Know More
Rules for CrypT_Find
- Only students enrolled to part time/full time courses from any university/institution are allowed to participate.
- No cooperation between teams with independent accounts. Sharing of keys or providing revealing hints to other teams is strictly prohibited.
- No attacking the competition infrastructure. If bugs or vulns are found, please alert the competition organisers immediately.
- Absolutely no sabotaging of other competing teams, or in any way hindering their independent progress.
- No brute forcing of challenge flags against the scoring site. (Brute forcing on challenge domains are allowed)
- DoS-ing the CTF platform or any of the challenges is forbidden. (DoS is strictly prohibited)
- If you found any of the teams breaking the above rules, please contact the event organisers/volunteers immediately.
- Flag deletion is strictly prohibited and defaulters will be eliminated immediately
- By participating in the contest, you hereby agree to all rules stated above, and must be strictly followed. If any discrepancy is noted, the candidacy will be immediately removed.
Get a chance to win exciting prices and oppurtunities
To be announced
“Chance to attend 3 days online workshop on Ethical Hacking and Bug Bounty Hunting"
“Participated (Or secured rank #) in BUFF3R CTF, A National level sponsored event."
Opportunity to win a whooping Prize Pool with an insight to Ethical hacking! Expand your network by interacting with like minded peers.
What is CTF ?
CTF (Capture The Flag) is a kind of information security competition that challenges contestants to solve a variety of tasks ranging from a scavenger hunt on Wikipedia to basic programming exercises, to hacking your way into a server to steal data. In these challenges, the contestant is usually asked to find a specific piece of text that may be hidden on the server or behind a webpage. This goal is called the flag, hence the name! Like many competitions, the skill level for CTFs varies between the events. Some are targeted towards professionals with experience operating on cyber security teams. These typically offer a large cash reward and can be held at a specific physical location. Other events target the high school and college student range, sometimes offering monetary support for education to those that place highly in the competition!Find More
Grab your Tickets
400 / team
- Register as a Team of 2
- Last date : 6th May
- 3 days Online Workshop on Ethical Hackiing
- Preliminary Round 10thth June 2023 - 24 hours - Venue: online
- Finals: 11th June 2023
- Prize: Rs.15000/-
Frequently Asked Questions
How difficult is CrypT_Find?
We have different set of challenges varying from Easy (Basic decryption, Google dorking,OSINT,Quizzes etc…) to Intermediate ( Cryptography, Hashing, Web exploits, Network hacking, Steganography etc…)
What are the minimum requirements for the event?
A System with good network connection is prescribed. (Linux system is highly preferred)
How is the event conducted?
There will be two rounds, First will be prelims, Which will be going live on 10thth June 2023, (24 Hours) in Online mode. And top 10-20 teams will be selected to round two, and will be competing for the throne in Offline mode on 11th June 2023.
Where is the online event hosted?
We will be sharing the platform details and an introductory session before we start the event.
Is Googling possible?
You can do everything, Except violation of some rules prescribed on the rules page of the registration form and platform page (Yet to be released)